Previous Focus Days
Focus Day May 2018
Transforming effluent management:
Hear about an emerging new technology that looks to reduce effluent storage requirements, fresh water use, and environmental & safety risks linked to farm dairy effluent.
As well as the end of season scorecard: Production, profit, InCalf results, calving spread, N-Loss and GHG emissions.Handout from the day
Focus Day February 2018
- Forages for Reduces Nitrate Leaching
- Winter crops and standoff areas
- Plantain dominant pasture
- Eating >18,000 kgDM/ha
- Future cuse of dry cow products
- LUDF seasonal update
Focus Day October 2017
- Farm Biosecurity - What are the real risks?
- Outcome of the wet winter
- Season to date farm performance
- Controlling expenses per kgMS
- Mating plans - Planned changes this season
Focus Day July 2017
- Annual Profitability Comparison of leading Canterbury Dairy Farms
- Exploring the next Frontier
- Following 3 years of stunning performance at LUDF, its your opportunity to contribute to the next phase.
Focus Day May 2017
- Subclinical Ketosis - performance impact?
- DairyNZ summer rotation length / pre-graze mowing trial results
- Fodder beet - LUDF's lessons learnt thus far
Focus Day February 2017
- Respiratory Disease (IBR): Was it significant?
- Repro Results: 63% 6 week incalf - what now?
- Autumn Management: Fodderbeet opportunity