Upcoming Focus Days
LUDF Focus Day
Next LUDF focus day, 29th September, 2022
10:15 registration for a 10:30 start.
Speakers to be confirmed. Focus on Mating, managing costs and inflation.View event
Previous Focus Days
Focus Day May 2017
- Subclinical Ketosis - performance impact?
- DairyNZ summer rotation length / pre-graze mowing trial results
- Fodder beet - LUDF's lessons learnt thus far
Focus Day February 2017
- Respiratory Disease (IBR): Was it significant?
- Repro Results: 63% 6 week incalf - what now?
- Autumn Management: Fodderbeet opportunity
Focus Day October 2016
- On-farm performance:
- Pasture Management
- Regrassing that pays
- Mating plans
- Consent Time:
- Land Use Consents
- LUDF's draft Application
Focus Day July 2016
- 2015/16 Profitability Comparison
- Over 1800kgMS/ha and 520kgMS/cow with only 126 kgDM imported feed/cow.
- Farm working expenses below $3.50/kgMS.
- What are the drivers behind these results?
- Did changes made at LUDF this season put them at the top of the profitability comparison?
- What further adjustments are these farms implementing next season?
Focus Day May 2016
- Where next? (Survival 2015/16, Sustainable 2016/17
- Farm Working Expenses
- Implementing Low Imput System
- Farm performance this season
- WorkSafe - Keep Safe, Keep Farming
Focus Day February 2016
- Bounce Forward - Resilient and Ready for the Upside
- Matching Feed Supply and Demand with less inputs
- Environmental Changes - constraints or opportunities?
- Using Technology to reduce costs / maximise production