Upcoming Focus Days
LUDF Focus Day
Next LUDF focus day, 28th September, 2022
10:15 registration for a 10:30 start.
Speakers to be confirmed. Focus on Mating, managing costs and inflation.View event
Previous Focus Days
Focus Day May 2014
- Profitable or Compromised?
- Is early autumn culling the easy AND profitable solution to reduce N losses?Effluent WOF – Available Soon
- 2014/15 Plan – Grain, Concrete or ??
- What will it take for LUDF to achieve further reductions in Nitrate leaching losses?
Focus Day February 2014
- 78% - 6 week Incalf at LUDF this season
- Impact LWRP and Selwyn Waihora Sub Chapter
- Tipping Point? - The financial reality of farming without Eco-n, less clover and less Nitrogen Fertiliser?
- ECAN - Changes required by the Land and Water Plan
- Selwyn/Waihora sub-regional section (Variation 1)
Focus Day October 2013
- Farming Profitably within a Nitrogen limit
- Spring Pasture Management
- Mating Plans
- Research insights from AgResearch
Focus Day July 2013
- Cow Condition Scoring
- LUDF Profit Analysis and Comparison with other farms
- P21 Dairy Systems Research - Dairy Farming within the Nutrient Limits
- Pasture Mixture, Grazing Residuals and Supplements for Dairy Systems.
Focus Day May 2013
- Budgeted and forecast profit
- N Fertiliser and Gibberellic Acid Use
- Cow Liveweight and Body Condition Score
- Farming Profitably within N Limits
- Feed Conversion Efficiency or Residual Feed Intake
Focus Day February 2013
- Financial Budget and Expenses to date
- Holding Milk Production when pasture ME declines
- Mating Results
- P21 Dairy System Research
- Diverse Pasture - Impact, Risk and Opportunities